problems with IAR kickstarter and MSP430FR2111

problems with IAR kickstarter and MSP430FR2111

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
I am using a MSP430FR2111 with IAR Workbench 6.5 or 7.4 when it is
installed. I find that I cannot alter the pins to toggle up and down. I have
cleared the lock. There is no problem with my PCB as I can toggle a led
artificially. If I remove all components and the track for the pin, it still
does not toggle. I have tried a number of pins and also a number of boards.
I was concerned about the clock frequency and wanted to observe MCLK and
SMCLK but when I select this function I see ground on both pins when I use a
CRO. I cannot use an earlier version of Kickstarter as it does not include
this MCU. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

TIA

Peter

Re: problems with IAR kickstarter and MSP430FR2111

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
I've never used it, but have you checked the default port configuration
is byte and not word. That may have an effect.

Al

On 1/04/2017 2:13 PM, 'Peter Grey' [hidden email] [msp430] wrote:

> I am using a MSP430FR2111 with IAR Workbench 6.5 or 7.4 when it is
> installed. I find that I cannot alter the pins to toggle up and down.
> I have cleared the lock. There is no problem with my PCB as I can
> toggle a led artificially. If I remove all components and the track
> for the pin, it still does not toggle. I have tried a number of pins
> and also a number of boards. I was concerned about the clock frequency
> and wanted to observe MCLK and SMCLK but when I select this function I
> see ground on both pins when I use a CRO. I cannot use an earlier
> version of Kickstarter as it does not include this MCU. Has anyone
> experienced anything like this?
>
> TIA
>
> Peter

RE: problems with IAR kickstarter and MSP430FR2111

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
Hi Al

Yes I have checked this. Usually IAR shows up an error if you address a Word register as byte or vice versa. Another funny thing is that the password in PMMCTCL0 reads out as 0xA5 rather than as 0x96 as it should. I am trying to download a later version of IAR but I cannot register a license yet.

Thanks

Peter

Re: problems with IAR kickstarter and MSP430FR2111

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
The only other time I have ever seen this problem was when i forgot the
options set up, and left the debugger on simulation and not FET, but
that seemed too obvious, especially since the blinky LED works, which I
assumed used the same project/code.

Al

On 3/04/2017 12:05 PM, 'Peter Grey' [hidden email] [msp430] wrote:

> Hi Al
>
> Yes I have checked this. Usually IAR shows up an error if you address
> a Word register as byte or vice versa. Another funny thing is that the
> password in PMMCTCL0 reads out as 0xA5 rather than as 0x96 as it
> should. I am trying to download a later version of IAR but I cannot
> register a license yet.
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

That hit the nail right on the head!!

Mucho gracias.

Peter

Re: problems with IAR kickstarter and MSP430FR2111

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
First make sure it's plugged in at the wall... :). Did this a few times
myself.

Al