USB serial port example project?

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
I can't seem to find a "simple" project example to set up and use a USB virtual com port. I know there are descriptors to generate, etc. Is there such a thing all in one place? Sort of like the code examples for other on-chip peripherals.

 John R.

Re: USB serial port example project?

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
Dear John,

You can download MSP430USBDevelopersPackage_5_00_01  from TI site. I
find the examples on my machine at
MSP430USBDevelopersPackage_5_00_01\MSP430USBDevelopersPackage_5_00_01\MSP430_USB_Software\MSP430_USB_API\examples

You may start with examples\CDC_virtualCOMport\C0_SimpleSend to get the
VCP going. The host uses a plain terminal.

- Misra

--
Wg Cdr BB Misra
+91 98451 76375

Re: USB serial port example project?

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
Thanks! I shall check out the Dev package.

 John Rose