Quantcast

FET: USB JTAG for MSP430

GHORPADE, VIJAYA
Hi all,

I want to interface the PC to MSP430 card for debugging. My PC doesn't have any DB25 parallel port. If I use USB to DB25 converter before JTAG then will it work?
I read that USB to DB25 does not work properly as it create virtual parallel port.

I got the circuit diagram of the DB25- JTAG FET but unable to get circuit diagram for the USB JTAG.

vijaya

________________________________

Re: FET: USB JTAG for MSP430

somboon sopee-2
çÓHello
You can debug MSP430 by JLINK
http://ftp.iar.se/WWWfiles/msp430/guides/QuickStart_J-Link-430.pdf

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Ghorpade, Vijaya <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to interface the PC to MSP430 card for debugging. My PC doesn't have
> any DB25 parallel port. If I use USB to DB25 converter before JTAG then will
> it work?
> I read that USB to DB25 does not work properly as it create virtual
> parallel port.
>
> I got the circuit diagram of the DB25- JTAG FET but unable to get circuit
> diagram for the USB JTAG.
>
> vijaya
>
> ________________________________
> The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally
> protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the
> addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is
> strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies
> of the original message.

http://www.micro4you.com -> ARM USB JTAG
http://stores.ebay.com/Micro4you-Store -> Ebay Store
http://www.friendlyarm.com -> FriendlyARM mini2440

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

RE: FET: USB JTAG for MSP430

GHORPADE, VIJAYA
If I design USB JTAG tool for MSP430 programming then will it work with any firmware or it is need to purchase.

Somboon, nice information link but it is for J-Link debugger settings of IAR. I need to know the hardware support for USB JTAG.

Vijaya

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to interface the PC to MSP430 card for debugging. My PC doesn't have
> any DB25 parallel port. If I use USB to DB25 converter before JTAG then will
> it work?
> I read that USB to DB25 does not work properly as it create virtual
> parallel port.
>
> I got the circuit diagram of the DB25- JTAG FET but unable to get circuit
> diagram for the USB JTAG.
>
> vijaya
>
> ________________________________
> The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally
> protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the
> addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is
> strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies
> of the original message.

http://www.micro4you.com -> ARM USB JTAG
http://stores.ebay.com/Micro4you-Store -> Ebay Store
http://www.friendlyarm.com -> FriendlyARM mini2440

Re: FET: USB JTAG for MSP430

Dan Bloomquist-3
Ghorpade, Vijaya wrote:
> If I design USB JTAG tool for MSP430 programming then will it work with any firmware or it is need to purchase.
>
> Somboon, nice information link but it is for J-Link debugger settings of IAR. I need to know the hardware support for USB JTAG.

Wow, I thought I did things on the cheap. I was beat about the ears here
for thinking I'd thought to use my old PPort with a USB adapter. Never
went there, and I'm so glad I didn't.

Get yourself the USB programmer, get over the old world way of thinking.
If you will spend more than five minutes of work on your project, like
you think your work is worth it, don't hack your tools. Modern tools are
way too cheap to go that route.

Best, Dan.

Re: FET: USB JTAG for MSP430

GHORPADE, VIJAYA
hi..

Thanks all for such a valuable information. I am going to purchase USB JTAG for MSP430 programming.

Vijaya

Hi all,

>I want to interface the PC to MSP430 card for debugging. My PC doesn't have any DB25 parallel port. If I use USB to DB25 converter before JTAG then will it work?
>I read that USB to DB25 does not work properly as it create virtual parallel port.
>
>I got the circuit diagram of the DB25- JTAG FET but unable to get circuit diagram for the USB JTAG.
>
>vijaya
>
>________________________________
>The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
>
>------------------------------------

MSP430F5336 LF XT1 won't start

Gabriel Calin
Hello everyone,

     I wonder if anyone had this problem: I am using the MSP430F5336 on
a new prototype board. With the MSP-FET430UIF (JTag Interface) it does
program ok, however the LF XT1 (32kHz xtal) won't start (it locks while
checking the UCSCTL7 & XT1LFOFFG bit). If I remove the programmer and
power the board, it works just fine. If you reconnect the programmer, it
keeps running until you reset the board and the XT1 stop working again.
Another strange behavior is when I tried to program the board using a
MSP-eZ430U (SpyByWire interface). It does not recognize the IC and won't
program anything (very weird). What is driving me nuts is I have an
older board with a F2132 model (almost identical wiring) and it works
just fine, with both programmers.
     Does anyone had problems with the F5xxx series?

Calin