Choice of compiler for MSP432

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
Can anyone tell me what choices for a C compiler there are with the new
MSP432? I have tried CCS6 but am having problems installing it. IT seems
that I am not the only one.

Thanks

Peter

Re: Choice of compiler for MSP432

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
I've had very few problems with the CCS for MSP432. I have, however, had
nothing but headache from IAR and the launchpad JTAG tool. Apparently the
TI drivers are less than wonderful according to the tech support folks at
IAR. They recommend using a stand alone JTAG tool for IAR with the 432
launchpad, which drove my decision to use CCS.  I really hated CCS in the
past, so it has been a pleasant surprise to see it work well. The fit and
finish seem to be improved since my last time using it a few years ago. I
have had no problems with installation on Win7 pro 64.
HTH,
Aaron
On Nov 23, 2015 6:47 PM, "'Peter Grey' [hidden email] [msp430]" <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what choices for a C compiler there are with the new
> MSP432? I have tried CCS6 but am having problems installing it. IT seems
> that I am not the only one.
>

> Thanks
>

> Peter

RE: Choice of compiler for MSP432

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
Thanks Aaron

My problem is just installing it. I am running Windows 7 and downloaded the 32 bit version (64 bit does not seem to be available). I cannot get the TI resource Explorer to be present for some reason. I installed it to the default location.

I am just now trying to clear out any past versions or MSPware and see if this helps.

Peter

RE: Choice of compiler for MSP432

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
I finally got CCS installed. I removed older versions of MSPWare and also did not enable Simple mode. I can now see Resource Explorer and have gone through the example of “Out of the Box Experience”.

Thanks

Peter

My problem is just installing it. I am running Windows 7 and downloaded the 32 bit version (64 bit does not seem to be available). I cannot get the TI resource Explorer to be present for some reason. I installed it to the default location.

I am just now trying to clear out any past versions or MSPware and see if this helps.

Peter

Re: Choice of compiler for MSP432

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
Anyone Tride Crossworks

--
Email from Nick Price @ Signatrol Ltd Regards

Nick Price
Technical Manager.

Signatrol Ltd.
Unit E2, Green Lane Business Park,
Tewkesbury,
Gloucestershire,
GL20 8SJ

Tel: +44 (0)1684 299 399
www.signatrol.com <http://www.signatrol.com>

Registered in England 04973283

Unless expressly stated otherwise, the information contained in this
email is confidential and is intended only for the named recipients. You
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance upon it. If
you have received this email in error, please notify the sender. Any
unauthorized disclosure of the information contained in this email is
strictly prohibited. The information contained in this email may be
subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of information Act 2000.
Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the
confidentiality of this email and your reply cannot be guaranteed.

RE: Choice of compiler for MSP432

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
I use Crossworks for a good few years. No problems so far.

Glenn

My problem is just installing it. I am running Windows 7 and downloaded the 32 bit version (64 bit does not seem to be available). I cannot get the TI resource Explorer to be present for some reason. I installed it to the default location.

I am just now trying to clear out any past versions or MSPware and see if this helps.

Peter

Re: Choice of compiler for MSP432

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
But CrossWorks for the MSP432?

On 26/11/2015 12:39, 'Glenn M' [hidden email] [msp430] wrote:

> I use Crossworks for a good few years. No problems so far.
>
> Glenn

CrossWorks for ARM includes MSP432 support.

http://www.rowleydownload.co.uk/arm/packages/MSP432.htm <http://www.rowleydownload.co.uk/arm/packages/MSP432.htm>

Works adequately well (though I would say that…)

And RAL continues with MSP430 support after other vendors have given up.

Regards,

— Paul.

> On 26 Nov 2015, at 16:28, Nick Price [hidden email] [msp430] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> But CrossWorks for the MSP432?
>
> On 26/11/2015 12:39, 'Glenn M' [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> [msp430] wrote:
>> I use Crossworks for a good few years. No problems so far.
>>

>> Glenn

Sorry, didn’t notice that.

On 26/11/2015 12:39, 'Glenn M' [hidden email] [msp430] wrote:

I use Crossworks for a good few years. No problems so far.

Glenn

My problem is just installing it. I am running Windows 7 and downloaded the 32 bit version (64 bit does not seem to be available). I cannot get the TI resource Explorer to be present for some reason. I installed it to the default location.

I am just now trying to clear out any past versions or MSPware and see if this helps.

Peter

RE: Choice of compiler for MSP432

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
Paul

Thanks for the information. I thought there were some issues with you supporting this initially or were these all resolved? I will take a look at this. Do you want to do any more sales work and explain why yours is so good?

Peter

My problem is just installing it. I am running Windows 7 and downloaded the 32 bit version (64 bit does not seem to be available). I cannot get the TI resource Explorer to be present for some reason. I installed it to the default location.

I am just now trying to clear out any past versions or MSPware and see if this helps.

Peter

RE: Choice of compiler for MSP432

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
"'Peter Grey' [hidden email] [msp430]" <[hidden email]>:

> Paul
>

> Thanks for the information. I thought there were some issues with you
> supporting this initially or were these all resolved? I will take a look
> at this. Do you want to do any more sales work and explain why yours is
> so good?

I am using Crossworks for MSP430 since years, it is quite good. One point is
the much better compiled code compared to gcc based compilers. (but I can not
say something about the MSP432 quality).

Matthias

RE: Choice of compiler for MSP432

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
Thanks Matthias

"'Peter Grey' [hidden email] [msp430]" <[hidden email]>:

> Paul
>

> Thanks for the information. I thought there were some issues with you
> supporting this initially or were these all resolved? I will take a
> look at this. Do you want to do any more sales work and explain why
> yours is so good?

I am using Crossworks for MSP430 since years, it is quite good. One point is
the much better compiled code compared to gcc based compilers. (but I can
not say something about the MSP432 quality).

Matthias

Yahoo Groups Links

Re: Choice of compiler for MSP432

MSP430 - Discuss mailing list
Hi Peter,

As Paul mentions RAL continue to support MSP430. We also support MSP432 with the CrossWorks for ARM product. The latest release of this product can be used with MSP432 devices with a CrossWorks for MSP430 V3 product key i.e. there is no requirement to purchase an additional license.

Regards
Michael